Terms and Conditions for Social Media Prize Draws
1. By participating in the prize draw, entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. The promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 and over
3. The prize draw is open from the date of posting on Facebook until the closing date specified in that post (“the Closing Date”).
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter the prize draw. To enter, entrants must follow the instructions in the relevant social media posts. This may involve tagging nominees, commenting on the post, sharing the post, inviting friends or any or all of those actions, as detailed in the post. Entrants will automatically be entered into the prize draw once they have followed the entry instructions. These entry instructions form part of the Terms and Conditions of the promotion. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
5. Only one entry per person is allowed; multiple entries from individuals will not be recorded more than once in the pool of entrants. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
6. Prizes will be as detailed in the relevant social media post. The Promoter reserves the right to offer a similar alternative prize of equal or greater value in the unlikely event the original prize(s) are unavailable. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner in the general use and/or enjoyment of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. The winner of each prize draw will be drawn from all eligible entries received by the Closing Date at random by an electronic randomiser that produces random results which can be verified. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. The draw will take place within forty-eight (48) hours of the Closing Date.
8. The winner will be announced and tagged in such announcement on the relevant social media page (of the Community Group through which they entered) and the winner will be notified by direct message through social media to their account used to enter within forty-eight (48) hours of the draw taking place. The winner will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to the direct message to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond within that period, then the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw that winner’s prize, redraw and select a new winner. Once the direct message has been responded to, the winner will be contacted to arrange the method and date/time for receiving their prize.
9. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for any direct messages that do not reach the intended recipients for any reason whatsoever. The Promoter further accepts no responsibility or liability for technical issues or any problems entrants may have in entering the prize draw, or for entries which are unsuccessful, incomplete, lost, delayed, damaged, corrupted, misdirected or not received by the Closing Date.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to
a. amend, terminate, cancel or temporarily suspend the promotion at any time if, in its absolute discretion, it considers it necessary to do so or due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter shall not exercise this right unreasonably and will use reasonable endeavours to minimise the effect on participants to avoid disappointment;
b. revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion after any such revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms;
c. at its sole discretion, exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent, offensive, obscene or based on misconduct or to disqualify any entrant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the promotion or who the Promoter believes to have acted in breach of these Terms and Conditions; and
d. verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
11. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes liability for any losses, damages or claims incurred by any person in connection with the promotion or receipt or misuse of any prize.
12. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platforms. You are providing your information to the Promoter. By participating in the promotion you hereby release Facebook from any liability in respect of the promotion.
13. The social medias Terms of Service (terms and conditions) apply to your access and use of these.
14. You must not create multiple social media accounts in order to enter the promotion more than once per person. Any entrant found to be using multiple accounts to enter the promotion or using automated entries, votes or other programmes will be found in breach of these terms and excluded from the promotion, and all such entries will be disqualified. If you are selected as a winner and the Promoter subsequently discover that you have entered multiple times, the Promoter reserve the right to withdraw the prize.
15. The promotion, these Terms and Conditions and any disputes or issues arising from them are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
16. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.